Monday, June 16, 2008

I LOVE posting good news!

I went to the Police Department today to pick up some of my stolen items!!! I didn't want to post about it until I actually saw for myself that these were my things. I got a call a week ago from my mom saying an investigator called her to ask if she was related to me (benefit of having a unique last name). They got my name out of the inside of my class ring and called the only one in the book. They got my info from mom and called me later that day...actually my mom called me first to tell me the great news! It was great to hear it from her with all of the excitement in her voice. So the investigator calls and lists off some of the items they'd found and suspected were mine. We got back my mothers day necklace and several rings including the one that belonged to my grandfather. No sign of the engagement ring or Joe's class ring but I'm excited because in another couple of weeks I go the the county where the arrest occured to view the inventory and possibly recover more of my items. Apparently there were 3 people (2 guys and a girl) going around breaking in to over 30 homes across 3 counties. They are about Joe and I's age and sadly are addicted to drugs. I kind of figured that was the case. I hope that they pull out of their addictions and can one day realize the impact these actions had on me and the others they wronged. Drug addiction is horrible and it takes hold of your life in ways unimaginable. It doesn't make you less accountable for your actions, just less aware. All of your energy your drive and motivation goes to continue to feed the addiction. These people are still young and have time to address this issue and overcome it if they choose. I forgive them and pray that they seek out a way to make positive changes in their lives. I thank my Heavenly Father for protecting my family and for blessing me with the return of some things that are special to me. The story of God's hand in this will be passed down with the other memories attached to those items.

3 comments:

Fauna said...

That's GREAT! It's rare when you hear about someone being about to recover stolen items. Good news for sure.

Anonymous said...

I'm SO glad you got some of your things back! That is great! The floors still aren't done! We have too much going on. The only thing left is the hallway and the molding, but sadly it ain't happening anytime soon. I blame it all on Lumber Liquidators, had they got me my floors a week after we picked them out like they said they would these floors would've been in long before school started back and before I agreed to let Adam play all-stars. Ohhh one more week and he's done with all-stars. Two words NEVER AGAIN! Talk to you soon!

Miriam said...

Awesome! I'm so happy to hear the news of you getting a few of your belongings back.
Thanks for the comment on my blog. Noah is definitely going through Mark withdrawal. He was really excited to go to church yesterday and when he rounded the corner he saw a boy that looked similar to Mark so he ran up to him screaming Mark Mark, but when he saw him close up he noticed that it wasn't Mark and he was really really sad. It breaks my heart. He doesn't understand why Mark wasn't there. I guess he thinks we still live close to you, just in a different house. He was also looking for Sherilyn.
We miss you guys.