Friday, May 8, 2009

Swing Set-Phase 1

Leveling the yard. It wasn't as drastic as I thought it was going to be. I wish I had a good before picture. I may find one yet in my archives. The mulched area is no longer in existance either, we opted to omit it and try to get grass to grow instead. The guy was super nice and extended where he leveled so there was more usable area on our lot. There was a lot of overgrowth on the side/back yard and it was more than Joe was able to take down. Thanks to our super landscaper guy we can put in a picnic table, fire pit, or just let it be as it is (but I really want a fire pit). No matter what, we now have more usable yard! We only lost 3 trees in the process and 1 was already dead and the other 2 weren't looking great.

For the time being James and Mark think the new clearing is a 'stadium' for dirt bikes.



Stay tuned for phase 2...laying weed control and cross ties to create the parameter for the swing set.
Phase 3 started as well. A little out of order, I know. But it involves labeling EVERY stinkin' part and sealing all of the wood while phase 2 is going on so we can do the last phase of the project.
Phase 4,5...infinity will be the assembly of the swing set!




And some cute pics of the boys playing in the new dirt.

I'm hoping for a good non-rainy day soon to get this project finished!

1 comment:

Sherilyn and Donovan said...

Awesome, let us know if you need help.