
This morning went really well. Megyn was way more excited about going than James but he came around and started getting into the idea of it after meeting his teacher the other day. They haven't gotten home yet, but I'm sure they had a great day. This morning James asks "Mom, will you miss me?" I nearly started crying! I told him of course I will miss him and gave him a giant hug. He got a little teary so I backed off and we talked about how much fun he was going to have. He was also worried that Mark wouldn't know where he was so he tells me " Mom, make sure you tell Mark I'm at school and I'll be home soon!" Megyn was worried about Abby feeling lonely without her. We talked about it a bit and I was able to put her mind at ease. The bus ran a little late as to be expected with all of the chaos on the first day. Mark and Abby and I went and had lunch because Mark, I could tell, was feeling left out. He just seemed really down and wasn't very talkative. Anyhow, after being quiet all morning this is what he says to me in the van in his softest little sad voice"Mama, I missed the bus and it didn't wait for me." I told him he wasn't going to school yet and he says "But mama, I have a backpack and a monkey book and the bus didn't wait" At this point we are both nearly in tears. So after lunch we went and bought a bunch of school supplies just for him as well as a preschool workbook. I got out all of the craft supplies and told him we will start school too, but he won't ride a bus until he is 5. He seems pretty excited about his new supplies and was flipping through his book. Damage control successful!
4 comments:
I love the mohawk!
Mark is so cute about wanting to go to school.
I think Noah will really go through withdrawals when my kids start school. He'll be all by himself.
Again, last Sunday in church he was looking for Mark. We miss you!
I wonder how I'm going to take it on Monday. Ian is doing a Pre-K program that is everyday. I hope I do okay. He seems pretty excited about it all.
The kids look so cute! Evan starts preschool on Monday and I'm worried about Lorelai feeling the same way as Mark. Thanks for the awesome idea! She loves school supplies. We can't wait to see y'all. I'll be back Sunday and can't wait for Chelsea to kick my rear back in shape when we get back!
Sounds like Ash, the whole first day she was like well, I'm just going to play my coloring because Adam is at school. Her and Jakey were sooo excited when Adam got home.
I cried when I dropped Adam off on Wednesday, I didn't think I would because he's been doing preschool for the last two years, but this was different some how....sigh!
See you Sunday!
Post a Comment