Thursday, September 4, 2008

Miss Megyn started piano lessons today!



After finally finding a teacher within reasonable driving distance, Megyn started piano lessons today! I called her school for a referral for a teacher in the area and was so excited when they told me about Mrs Doss. Mostly because of where she lives. She is just several houses down the road from us!! If it weren't for the speed demonds on these back country roads we could walk there. Today was great. Megyn was polite, confident and very excited to say the least. She learned about whole, half and quarter notes and was given her first set of lesson books. I nearly had to take away her keyboard to get her to go to sleep. I am so proud of her and am so thankful to have Mrs Doss become a part of our lives. She is a really sweet woman and is amazing to be willing to share her wonderful talents. I hope to be posting video of her recitals in the future. Oh and thank you again to Kristie for the full keyboard. She will get many hours of practice out of it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! That is so exciting! I am so glad you found a teacher! I remember my first piano lesson, it was so exciting! Go Megyn!! I know she'll be great!

I'm so glad someone is putting that keyboard to good use!