We were Elf'ed!!
So, I'd been reading about some families that had been elf'ed (is that how you spell it?). It's really cute so I shared this with the kids...that elves were getting out!!! Apparently some of Santa's elves are getting away from the toyshop and coming into our houses and will do silly mischievous things. For instance, our elf toilet papered our tree and part of our kitchen leaving a note saying he wanted to give us some paper snow. Some other things elves have been known to do is tie your socks together and make garland with them, leave footprints in some flour they've dumped out, take little nibbles out of a cookie or cracker and leave it out. Sometimes the elf will leave a little treat or a stuffed elf version of himself behind as a keepsake. I've also heard of elves leaving sort of a scavenger hunt type list behind with clues to find a special treat that he has hidden. I hope he does that at his next visit. Our elf was well received. The kids were really excited that he picked our house!! He didn't leave anything for them this time but now that he knows where our house is maybe he'll visit again before Christmas. I gotta say it was really great to see that magic in their eyes when they saw that we'd been elf'ed. You know, the amazement and wonder that you usually only get on Christmas morning. I'm so glad we were elf'ed!! Be on the look out he might come to your house next!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment